There are many things you can stuff your dog’s Kong with. I am sure this list will be updated frequently, but here’s a good start. Remember, many of these items can be fresh or frozen! Stuffing and freezing the Kong, usually makes the treat last longer.
Creamy Peanut Butter
Tuna in water
Sardines in water
Baby Food (no mushrooms or onions)
This recipe is good even in the winter time! To make it a little less messy, I tear up small pieces of aluminum foil and wrap it around the bottom to keep it from leaking.
What I used:
Yogurt (I like the vanilla flavored, and share it with my furkids)
Dog Treat to top it off
How I did it:
1) I wrapped the bottom with aluminum foil and placed them upside down in a bowl big enough to hold them all.
2) I blended the yogurt and the frozen blueberries together
3) Then, I filled 1/3 of the kong with the mixture
4) I then gently mixed the Cheerio’s and peanut butter tother, filling the kong to just below the opening
5) I topped the opening off with more peanut butter and topped it off with a moist dog treat or two
6) Place in freezer for a couple hours, then let your pup enjoy them!
You can also place them in a Ziploc bag, and keep them frozen for when you need them.
A lot of you have been asking about the kong’s I make my dogs nightly. I thought I’d start sharing some of the ideas I have used for my furkids and my boarding clients.
This past week I posted my scrambled eggs with cheese photos on FaceBook. In case you missed it, here it is again.
Scrambled eggs with Colby cheese (cooled)
Instant oats mixed with low sodium beef broth
Rabbit treat to top it off.