- – 3 cups whole wheat flour
- – 1½ cups oat flour
- – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- – 1 medium or large apple (washed, peeled and grated)
- – 1 egg
- – 1 cup water
- – 2 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- – Plain Greek yogurt
- – Honey
DIRECTIONS FOR DONUTS
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add whole wheat flour, oat flour, and cinnamon to a large bowl and whisk together.
- In a smaller bowl beat egg, then add water, grated apple and coconut oil. Mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Knead dough ball with your hands for 3-5 minutes, until it is thoroughly combined.
- Roll dough ball flat to about ¼ inch thick and then cut out donut shapes. I used a round cookie cutter and for the donut hole I used a small bottle cap. Be creative!
- Place donuts and holes on baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes in 350ºF oven.
DIRECTIONS FOR ICING
- Mix plain Greek yogurt with some honey to create icing.
- Glaze donuts and freeze for 30 minutes to harden glaze.
- If you are adding icing, store treats in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze after 5 days.
- *For softer donut remove from oven to let cool.
- *For harder donut let cool in oven.
- *Remember these are fresh baked and do not have preservatives so follow storage instructions.
- *STORAGE: Unfrosted – In airtight container in refrigerator for 1 week. Then in freezer for up to 3 months. Take out portions as you need them.
By Proud Dog Mom