Therapy Dog Certification
So you want to make your dog a therapy dog…
A Therapy Dog is a dog that is certified to visit nursing homes, hospitals, schools, or libraries. A Therapy Dog is NOT a Service dog.
- Dog’s must be 1 year old or older to test.
- Dog’s and their handlers will be tested and registered together.
- There can also be multiple handlers for your dog, but everyone must test individually.
- There is a $20/test fee (please make a check out to Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs)
When Can I test?
Your can test your dog after completing your training by calling or texting us at 440-522-6090
You are welcome to schedule an appointment just to test for the therapy dog certification. This option requires the $20 check made out to Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs in addition to a $25 testing fee to Total K9.
How do I train my dog to be a Therapy Dog?
We offer private classes that are customized specifically for this program. Please note, that your dog must pass a temperament test to qualify to become a Therapy Dog.
Therapy Dog Training/Certification
- Covered by liability and accident insurance while working
- Any dog is eligible to be a Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dog
- Visit Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Schools, Libraries and more! The options are limitless.
Therapy Dog Training Gallery